Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding
Browse all vascular/endovascular surgery coding ZHealth Publishing products, webinars and seminars:
Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding Reference
Dr. Z’s Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding Reference is a comprehensive manual that details the appropriate coding and/or charging for these highly complex and specialized vascular procedures.
- Written by physicians
- Detailed and clear guide, with illustrations, about coding and billing rules for vascular procedures
- Covers coding rules for transcatheter, open surgical, and peripheral vascular procedures, as well as hybrid procedures that combine them
Product # 1412 (hardcopy) & 1412e (eBook)
This webinar covers creation, assessment, and maintenance of dialysis grafts. It includes:
- Different types of shunts and fistulae
- Most common percutaneous and open interventions
- Central venous access procedures
This webinar concentrates on endovascular stent grafts and venous interventions. Discusses:
- Thoracic aortic (TEVAR), abdominal aortic (EVAR), and fenestrated abdominal aortic (FEVAR) stent grafts
- Coding interventions performed in veins (e.g., TIPS, filter placement, and saphenous vein ablations)
This webinar concentrates on percutaneous embolization, thrombectomy, and infusion (both thrombolytic and non-thrombolytic) procedures. Examines:
- Guidelines for interventions on native vessels as well as graft vessels
- Coding as stand-alone procedures
- Coding procedures performed with other interventions
This webinar builds on the coding basics of physician documentation and reviewing catheter selection codes. It covers:
- The imaging supervision and interpretation (S&I) 70,000 series of CPT codes
- Extremity, visceral, cervicocerebral, thoracic, and abdominal arterial studies
- Venous, pulmonary, and portal venous imaging codes
This webinar covers the basics of choosing the correct catheter selection codes during complex diagnostic and interventional cases. Focuses on:
- Physician documentation and anatomy (normal and variant)
- Vascular systems, vascular orders, and vascular families
- Selective vs. non-selective catheter placement
This webinar covers angioplasty, atherectomy, and stenting throughout the vascular system. Specifically:
- Lower extremity endovascular revascularization procedures
- Visceral, upper extremity, and venous procedures
- Cervicocerebral revascularization procedures utilizing endovascular approach
This module takes you through the coding of all types of diagnostic venography procedures, including cervicocerebral, visceral and renal, and extremity venography. Catheter placement coding and imaging procedure coding are also reviewed.
Transcatheter lower extremity arterial revascularization is coded much differently than other vascular systems. There is significantly more bundling, and the rules differ based on the specific artery intervened upon. This increases the complexity of coding for these interventions.
This course covers all vascular stent placement except those performed in the coronary, iliac, femoral, tibial, peroneal, and popliteal arteries (which have separate courses). The student will be guided through all other types of vascular stent placement procedures and the coding rules applicable to each. This includes the carotid artery, vertebral artery, TIPS, venous system, visceral arteries, renal arteries, and other vascular systems.
Member price: $45.00
This course takes you through all the different anatomical areas where selective arterial catheter placements are utilized. There are separate sections on cervicocerebral, visceral and renal, upper extremities, and lower extremities. Multiple real-life examples are included to assist in applying the rules to common coding scenarios.
This basic overview for those involved with endovascular procedures discusses non-selective catheter placement coding in all vascular systems. Specifically, the non-selective catheter placement codes for peripheral and visceral vascular procedures and the rules surrounding their assignment are thoroughly explained.
This course explores all types of percutaneous embolizations, from injection of thrombin to permanent and test occlusion procedures. There is extensive discussion regarding the different codes to be reported and the conflicting rules surrounding the use of these codes.
All forms of dialysis access devices are covered in the context of CPT procedure coding for diagnostic imaging and maintenance procedures. Filming and interventions on AV shunts and fistulae as well as dialysis catheter insertion and follow-up procedures are discussed in detail.
This eight-part session covers a "best practice" scenario for coding and billing vascular procedures. There is a review of terminology, devices, anatomy, and physiology pertinent to the vascular system. Throughout this seminar session, we focus on CPT coding specific to endovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures.