Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding
Browse all vascular/endovascular surgery coding ZHealth Publishing products, webinars, and seminars:
Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding Reference
2015 Hardcopy books now shipping and eBooks are available for download.
Dr. Z’s Vascular & Endovascular Surgery Coding Reference is a comprehensive manual that details the appropriate coding and/or charging for these highly complex and specialized vascular procedures.
- Written by physicians
- Detailed and clear guide, with illustrations, about coding and billing rules for vascular procedures
- Covers coding rules for transcatheter, open surgical, and peripheral vascular procedures, as well as hybrid procedures that combine them
Product # 1512 (hardcopy) & 1512e (eBook)
CIRCC Study Guide
The CIRCC Study Guide is an invaluable training tool for the CIRCC exam. It includes an overview of the CIRCC exam (requirements and test details), terminology to study, basic procedure coding rules, and procedure codes and guidelines.
- Developed by ZHealth and the AAPC
- Condenses the information that will be covered in the exam into a less than 200-page reference guide
- Spiral bound book, printed in black and white
- Sample cases to code and practice test questions (with corresponding answer keys) included in two appendices
This webinar covers the basics of choosing the correct catheter selection codes during complex diagnostic and interventional cases. Focuses on:
- Physician documentation and anatomy (normal and variant)
- Vascular systems, vascular orders, and vascular families
- Selective vs. non-selective catheter placement
This webinar covers creation, assessment, and maintenance of dialysis grafts. It includes:
- Different types of shunts and fistulae
- Most common percutaneous and open interventions
- Central venous access procedures
This webinar concentrates on endovascular stent grafts and venous interventions. Discusses:
- Thoracic aortic (TEVAR), abdominal aortic (EVAR), and fenestrated abdominal aortic (FEVAR) stent grafts
- Coding interventions performed in veins (e.g., TIPS, filter placement, and saphenous vein ablations)
This webinar concentrates on percutaneous embolization, thrombectomy, and infusion (both thrombolytic and non-thrombolytic) procedures. Examines:
- Guidelines for interventions on native vessels as well as graft vessels
- Coding as stand-alone procedures
- Coding procedures performed with other interventions
This webinar covers angioplasty, atherectomy, and stenting throughout the vascular system. Specifically:
- Lower extremity endovascular revascularization procedures
- Visceral, upper extremity, and venous procedures
- Cervicocerebral revascularization procedures utilizing endovascular approach
This webinar builds on the coding basics of physician documentation and reviewing catheter selection codes. It covers:
- The imaging supervision and interpretation (S&I) 70,000 series of CPT codes
- Extremity, visceral, cervicocerebral, thoracic, and abdominal arterial studies
- Venous, pulmonary, and portal venous imaging codes
This webinar is a high level overview of the extensive 2015 coding changes to interventional radiology, cardiology, and vascular surgery.
- 41 new CPT codes, 21 deleted CPT codes, and 37 revised CPT codes
- Discusses the new codes and their proper use
This course explores all types of percutaneous embolizations, from injection of thrombin to permanent and test occlusion procedures. There is extensive discussion regarding the different codes to be reported and the conflicting rules surrounding the use of these codes.
This basic overview for those involved with endovascular procedures discusses non-selective catheter placement coding in all vascular systems. Specifically, the non-selective catheter placement codes for peripheral and visceral vascular procedures and the rules surrounding their assignment are thoroughly explained.
Member price: $45.00
This course takes you through all the different anatomical areas where selective arterial catheter placements are utilized. There are separate sections on cervicocerebral, visceral and renal, upper extremities, and lower extremities. Multiple real-life examples are included to assist in applying the rules to common coding scenarios.
Transcatheter lower extremity arterial revascularization is coded much differently than other vascular systems. There is significantly more bundling, and the rules differ based on the specific artery intervened upon. This increases the complexity of coding for these interventions.
This module takes you through the coding of all types of diagnostic venography procedures, including cervicocerebral, visceral and renal, and extremity venography. Catheter placement coding and imaging procedure coding are also reviewed.
We're excited to be at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, TN for our third medical coding seminar of the year. Ideally situated just minutes outside of Nashville, the resort offers guests all the excitement and energy of Music City under one spectacular roof.
Order Form/Seminar Information PDF
This eight-part session covers a "best practice" scenario for coding and billing vascular procedures. There is a review of terminology, devices, anatomy, and physiology pertinent to the vascular system. We focus on CPT coding specific to endovascular diagnostic and interventional procedures.